- Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.
- Graph square root, cube root, and piecewise-defined functions, including step functions and absolute value functions.
- Graph polynomial functions, identifying zeros when suitable factorizations are available, and showing end behavior.
- Graph rational functions, identifying zeros and asymptotes when suitable factorizations are available, and showing end behavior.
- Graph exponential and logarithmic functions, showing intercepts and end behavior, and trigonometric functions, showing period, midline, and amplitude, and using phase shift.
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.
TEST ITEM SPECIFICATIONS