- Determine an explicit expression, a recursive process, or steps for calculation from a context.
- Combine standard function types using arithmetic operations. For example, build a function that models the temperature of a cooling body by adding a constant function to a decaying exponential, and relate these functions to the model.
- Compose functions. For example, if T(y) is the temperature in the atmosphere as a function of height, and h(t) is the height of a weather balloon as a function of time, then T(h(t)) is the temperature at the location of the weather balloon as a function of time.
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.
TEST ITEM SPECIFICATIONS
This benchmark may be assessed using:
SAMPLE TEST ITEMS (1)
- Test Item #: Sample Item 1
Chantel drew a picture of her dog on a piece of paper that is 12 centimeters long. She used a copy machine to enlarge her drawing. She used the 115% setting to make each new copy. She then used each new copy to generate the next copy, using the same copier setting.
Enter a recursive formula that will give the length of each new copy.
- Difficulty: N/A
- Type: EE: Equation Editor