Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to three-digit dividends and one-digit divisors, using two different strategies.
- Given an expression, identify the dividend and the divisor (dividend = the total amount, divisor = number of groups or the number in each group).
- Use base ten blocks to model the dividend.
- Use base ten blocks to divide into groups determined by the divisor in order to find the quotient.
- Symbols ÷, =,
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary of division, part, whole, divisor, dividend, quotient.
- Given a division expression, find the array using a jig on a pictorial representation to solve.
Category: Access Points