Solve multiplicative comparisons with an unknown using up to two-digit numbers with information presented in a
graph or word problem (e.g., an orange hat costs $3. A purple hat costs two times as much. How much does the purple
hat cost? [3 x 2 = p]).
- Match the vocabulary in a word problem to an action.
- Use manipulatives to model the context of the word problem or information from the graph.
- Create a pictorial or representation of the word problem or graph.
- Use context clues to interpret the concepts, symbols, and vocabulary for multiplication.
- Understand the following vocabulary and symbols: multiplication (×), equal (=).
Category: Access Points
Date Adopted or Revised: