- Match the vocabulary in a word problem to an action.
- Use manipulatives to model the context of the word problem or information from the graph.
- Create a pictorial or representation of the word problem or graph.
- Use context clues to interpret the concepts, symbols, and vocabulary for multiplication.
- Understand the following vocabulary and symbols: multiplication (×), equal (=).
|Number: MAFS.4.OA.1.AP.2a||Category: Access Points|
|Date Adopted or Revised: 06/14||
Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems. (Major Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.