Given two figures, determine whether they are similar and explain their similarity based on the equality of corresponding angles and the proportionality of corresponding sides.
- Select two objects that are the same shape.
- Select two objects that have different shapes.
- Use appropriate tools as needed to duplicate a shape (e.g., wiki sticks, computers, interactive white boards, markers).
- Given two shapes, label (identify, point to, mark,) the parts of the figures that are congruent.
- Describe the characteristics of two figures that are the same.
- Describe the characteristics of two figures that are different.
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary: similar, congruent, angles, corresponding and transformation.
Category: Access Points
Date Adopted or Revised: