Read, write, or select decimals to the hundredths place.
- Use digit cards to build a number on a place value chart to the hundredths place.
- Use a number line to have students identify decimals on the number line.
- Match number cards to decimals displayed with manipulatives.
- Understand where to write a decimal point.
- Understand that a decimal represents a value less than one.
- Read a decimal given in number form or a picture representation.
- Select the appropriate decimal given the answer and a distractor with its verbal, pictorial or manipulative representation.
- Write a decimal given a verbal prompt.
- Write a decimal given a representation.
- Write a decimal given a manipulative.
- Understand the following concepts, symbols, and vocabulary: decimal, decimal point, tenths place, hundredths place.
Category: Access Points
Date Adopted or Revised: 06/14
Cluster: Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions. (Major Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.
This access point is an alternate version of the following benchmark(s).
Vetted resources educators can use to teach the concepts and skills in this access point.
Vetted resources students can use to learn the concepts and skills in this access point.
Vetted resources caregivers can use to help students learn the concepts and skills in this access point.