Compare graphs of linear, exponential, and quadratic growth graphed on the same coordinate plane.
- Make predictions based upon data presented in a line graph or table.
- Indicate the point on a line that crosses the y-axis.
- Describe the rate of change qualitatively (e.g., steep = rapid rate of change).
- Interpret/define a line graph with coordinates for multiple points.
- Interpret/define an exponential function graph for multiple points.
- Understand the coordinate plane.
- Use patterns to extend graphs. (e.g., if I eat 10 candies per day I will gain 1 pound per week. How many pounds will I gain in 5 weeks?)
- Identify coordinates (points) on a graph.
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary: x-axis, y-axis, x-intercept, y-intercept, line, rise, fall, slope, rate of change.
Category: Access Points
Date Adopted or Revised: