In a linear situation using graphs or numbers, predict the change in rate based on a given change in one variable (e.g., If I have been adding sugar at a rate of 1T per cup of water, what happens to my rate if I switch to 2T of sugar for every cup of water?).
- Model rate of change using tools or manipulatives.
- Model increasing/decreasing rate of change in a problem using tools or manipulatives.
- Model rate of change using a graph.
- Model increasing/decreasing rate of change in a problem using a graph.
- Match the change in the variable to the change in the rate given the situation.
- Identify the rate of change in a problem.
- Compare and contrast two rates of change on a graph.
- Compare and contrast two rates of change in a display.
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary: rate of change, variable, increase, decrease, linear.
Category: Access Points
Date Adopted or Revised: