The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop basic skills in computer fundamentals, keyboarding, computer applications, research tools, and educational applications.
Within appropriate developmental guidelines the content of this course should enable students to:
- Understand computer specific terminology
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of computer technology, function and application
- Demonstrate keyboard proficiency
- Use the computer to integrate all areas of the curriculum
- Create original works using multimedia tools
- Use computer programs and educational software to reinforce their learning
- Undertake research and expand their critical thinking skills
- Understand the importance of cyber safety and computer etiquette
This course should be taught using the appropriate standards/benchmarks for the grade.
English Language Development ELD Standards Special Notes Section:
Teachers are required to provide listening, speaking, reading and writing instruction that allows English language learners (ELL) to communicate for social and instructional purposes within the school setting. For the given level of English language proficiency and with visual, graphic, or interactive support, students will interact with grade level words, expressions, sentences and discourse to process or produce language necessary for academic success. The ELD standard should specify a relevant content area concept or topic of study chosen by curriculum developers and teachers which maximizes an ELL’s need for communication and social skills. To access an ELL supporting document which delineates performance definitions and descriptors, please click on the following link: http://www.cpalms.org/uploads/docs/standards/eld/SI.pdf
For additional information on the development and implementation of the ELD standards, please contact the Bureau of Student Achievement through Language Acquisition at email@example.com.
As well as the certification requirements listed on the course description, the following qualifications may also be acceptable for the course:
Any field when certification reflects a bachelor or higher degree.