Demonstrate phonological awareness.
- Blend and segment syllables in spoken words.
- Identify and produce alliterative and rhyming words.
- Blend and segment onset and rimes of single-syllable words.
- Identify the initial, medial, and final sound of spoken words.
- Add or delete phonemes at the beginning or end of a spoken word and say the resulting word.
- Segment and blend phonemes in single-syllable spoken words.
Clarification 1: Phonological awareness only refers to what can be done orally at the syllable, onset-rime, and phoneme levels. It does not involve print or letter knowledge.
Subject Area: English Language Arts (B.E.S.T. - Effective starting 2021-2022)
Strand: Foundational Skills
Date Adopted or Revised: 08/20
Status: State Board Approved