Subject(s): Science, Mathematics
Grade Level(s): 6
Computer for Presenter, Computers for Students, Internet Connection, Basic Calculators, LCD Projector
Resource supports reading in content area:Yes
Keywords: Dot Plots, Mean, Data, Data Collection, Data Analysis, weather data, Interpret data, weather and climate, air temperature, careers, weather maps, internet-based projects, STEM, Poster, latitude, ocean currents, Collaboration
This resource is likely to support student engagement in the following Mathematical Practices:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Construct viable arguments and critique reasoning of others.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
This resource is likely to support student engagement in the following Engineering Practices:
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Obtain, evaluate and communicate information.
This resource is likely to support student engagement in the following 21st Century Skills:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Curiosity and Imagination
Source and Access Information
Name of Author/Source: Brittany Jones
District/Organization of Contributor(s): Hillsborough
Access Privileges: Public
* Please note that examples of resources are not intended as complete curriculum.