Grade Level(s): 5
Document Camera, Internet Connection, Overhead Projector
Keywords: Electricity, Conductors, Insulators, Closed Circuit, Circuits, Energy
MAFS.K12.MP.8.1 Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
MAFS.K12.MP.3.1 Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
MAFS.3.MD.2.3 Draw a scaled picture graph and a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one- and two-step "how many more" and "how many less" problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs.
NGSS Science and Engineering Processes:
- Asking questions and defining problems.
- Developing and using models.
- Planning and carrying out investigations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions.
- Engaging in argument from evidence.
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information.
Source and Access Information
Katie Van Beveren
Name of Author/Source: Katie Van Beveren, Nicole Candelora, Molly Rainey
District/Organization of Contributor(s): Manatee, Manatee, Manatee
Access Privileges: Public
* Please note that examples of resources are not intended as complete curriculum.