Analyze the influence of classic literature on contemporary world texts.
: Classic literature for this benchmark should be drawn from and representative of the following periods:
- Classical Period (1200 BCE–455 CE)
- Medieval Period (455 CE–1485 CE)
- Renaissance Period (1300–1600)
- Restoration and 18th Century (1660–1790) British Literature
- Colonial and Early National Period (1600–1830) American Literature
- Romantic Period (1790–1870)
- Realism and Naturalism Period (1870–1930)
- Modernist Period (1910–1945)
: Contemporary world texts are those written after World War II that, through quality of form and expression, convey ideas of permanent or universal interest.