The CPALMS Standards API is available for districts, schools, and developers to connect their application and access the Standards in a machine-readable format. By providing this API, we hope to:
- Save cost to our schools and districts.
- Connect your application directly with the source of the standards.
- Reduce errors caused by human data entry.
The CPALMS Standards API outputs the data using the IMS Global’s Competencies and Academic Standards Exchange (CASE) framework. To learn more about CASE and for the documentation, please go to: https://www.imsglobal.org/activity/case
To gain access to the CPALMS Standards API, please read the terms of service and complete the application below.
Terms of Service - Using CPALMS Standards API and Data
- Reliance on API. Your application does not rely on access to the API as a fundamental aspect of your business and that CPALMS and Florida State University are not liable for any mistakes, errors, problems, or interruption in the service. CPALMS is constantly evolving and we need the flexibility to occasionally make changes to our APIs. We will try to give notice of such changes. You understand that this service can be cancelled or changed at any time without notification.
- Scope of acceptable use. You may not use the CPALMS API or any other technology in a manner that accesses or uses any information beyond what CPALMS allows using this API. You may not use this API for a service that compiles and/or aggregates standards to redistribute to other applications or members for a fee.
- Malware. You may not transmit any viruses or other computer programming that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system or data.
- Reverse engineering. You may not attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how in the CPALMS API or portion thereof;
- Commercial Use. You may charge for your Application. You may not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate access to the CPALMS API.
- Use of CPALMS Brand or Marks. You must not use the CPALMS Brand, logos, or name in a way that suggests your service is endorsed by, sponsored by, or associated with CPALMS. The use of the CPALMS name, brand, and marks should be approved separately.