|LAFS.3.L.1.2:|| Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- Capitalize appropriate words in titles.
- Use commas in addresses.
- Use commas and quotation marks in dialogue.
- Form and use possessives.
- Use conventional spelling for high-frequency and other studied words and for adding suffixes to base words (e.g., sitting, smiled, cries, happiness).
- Use spelling patterns and generalizations (e.g., word families, position-based spellings, syllable patterns, ending rules, meaningful word parts) in writing words.
- Consult reference materials, including beginning dictionaries, as needed to check and correct spellings.