- Match literal equation with its function (e.g., area = base × height).
- Identify the variables in a literal equation.
- Substitute numbers for variables.
- Isolate one variable in a multivariate equation.
- Understand algebraic rules (e.g., what you do to one side of the equation you must do to the other).
- Understand vocabulary related to literal equations (e.g., perimeter, triangle).
- Understand related symbols (e.g., A = area, B = Base, etc.)..
º p=2l×2w literal equation
º solve for l
º area of a triangle
º A=1/2 ×bh
º solve for b
º 2A= 1/2 × 2bh
º 2A=1/2 ×2
º 2A over h =b
º interest = principle x rate x time
º rounding skills
º calculator skills
|Number: MAFS.912.A-CED.1.AP.4a||Category: Access Points|
|Date Adopted or Revised: 07/14||
Create equations that describe numbers or relationships. (Algebra 1 - Major Cluster) (Algebra 2 - Supporting Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.