- Using base ten blocks, build a concrete representation of two decimals to the tenths place, whose values are less than one (0.3 and 0.5).
- Given the place value chart, identify the column that represents the greatest value.
- Given two models of base ten blocks on a place value chart, compare the value of the numbers by starting in the greatest place value position.
- Know value of places to the tenths.
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary: ones, decimal point, tenths, place value, greater than, less than, equal.
- Given two visual models of base ten blocks on a place value chart, compare the value of the numbers by starting in the greatest place value position.
|Number: MAFS.4.NF.3.AP.7b||Category: Access Points|
|Date Adopted or Revised: 06/14||
Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions. (Major Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.