- Match the decimal value with the fraction form of ¼,½,¾, and 1.
- Use a labeled place value chart and number cards to show 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, 1.00. Read the decimal as the number in the hundredths. (e.g., 0.75 is read “seventy- five hundredths”.) Match to the numerical fraction card that represents “seventy-five hundredths”.
- Understand that numbers to the right of the decimal represent a value less than one.
- Understand that a fraction is less than one.
- Recognize decimal place value up to hundredths place.
- Understand the following vocabulary:
º decimal point
º tenths place
º hundredths place
|Number: MAFS.4.NF.3.AP.6a||Category: Access Points|
|Date Adopted or Revised: 06/14||
Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions. (Major Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.