- Identify bundles as a 1, 10, or 100.
- Using a place value chart, place a given bundle for each digit from a multi-digit number in the correct place value column.
- Given a model, recognize that a number can be decomposed by place and represented as an addition equation (e.g., 569 = 500 + 60 + 9).
- Understand the expanded form of a number.
- Understand the following concepts and vocabulary: ones, tens, hundreds, place value.
- Select/write the number that represents the expanded form for a given number.
|Number: MAFS.4.NBT.1.AP.2b||Category: Access Points|
|Date Adopted or Revised: 06/14||
Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers. (Major Cluster) :
Clusters should not be sorted from Major to Supporting and then taught in that order. To do so would strip the coherence of the mathematical ideas and miss the opportunity to enhance the major work of the grade with the supporting clusters.